Linux and Network Administrator
About the Job
- We currently have a vacancy in our system team for a Linux systems and network administrator. We are undergoing rapid expansion and require a dynamic, driven, innovative and versatile individual. As one of our team you will be responsible for the day to day running of servers, as well as upgrading and deploying new systems. Some customer interaction will be required, so good communication skills is a must.
- 30 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- 40 hrs per week
- Salaray £negotiable
The suitable candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Ability to install, configure and manage (from the command line) Centos Linux, BIND (DNS), Squid, Sendmail, Mrtg, Nagios, Samba, NFS, ProFTPd, Apache, MySQL server, linux routing & IP tables.
- PHP - mostly straight php for data migration/management and some web apps.
- You prefer to work in a Linux environment.
- Good understanding of network design, security, fault resolution, experience with managed network switch configuration (VLANs and SNMP).
- Ability to think outside of the box at all times to devise innovative solutions which make the most use out of the hardware available.
- Able to manage MySQL servers including optimisation and data migration/managment and server configuration changes.
- System outages will not phase you, you will simply persevere until a resolution has been reached.
- You write scripts to automate tasks.
- You are able to work independently without in depth direction.
- You are capable of managing your own time and prioritise your workload effectively.
- A willingness to participate in an on call rota.
- Experience using ESXI and virtualisation technologies.
- Able to configure linux for use with VLANs.
- Cisco Switch & router configuration in a layer 3 network environment.
- An underatanding of Perl.
- Understanding of IPv6.